Look at this. It's another problem. Or is it? Seems like based off my research, Unreal is going to do this. Its just too thin! And unfortunetly that's just the way it is.
See how the lighting has no problem when it has a "thickness"?
I imagine this could be a problem in a future if it isn't solved, especially if lighting comes from inside a source. We'll just have to see.
I've done large projects before. I built a fursuit, created the game Rocket Brigade: https://www.rocketbrigade.com , and another being the creation of Machina and Magic: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/367981/machina-and-magic-core-rulebook . One of the biggest tips I can give is "stab in the dark". It means take action even if you cannot see what you are hitting. If you get purchase, then try to strike again in the same place. You don't know where you are aiming when a project gets so big. The size of you project will blind you. So you must try to attempt aiming in correct directions until you finally do. This can be an annoying process, but if you frame it as "practice" or "commiting something to memory" then it is never wasted work. Reminder that motivation feeds off itself. If you are able to make motivation happen, you can keep things rolling. Part of every battle is keeping motivation afloat. The more motivation you have, the more s...
If you are looking for a group to play or talk about D&D or other TTRPGs, please find us on our discord: https://discord.gg/CDS3TeM2Mn We talk about worldbuilding, game design, among other things.
I really don't know what I am doing. Every time I think I am getting closer to figuring out Unreal, the less sure I am. See how the trees don't cast shadows on themselves or on other trees? Yeah, I don't know what I am doing wrong either. With Unity or Godot, it was as easy as putting it in there and switching the rendering to transparent, but Unreal doesn't think like that. Not to mention this default project has so many lighting and camera effects going on, I am curious if that's the reason its not working as believed. Well... time for more experimentation. Oh yeah... and maybe I need to upgrade that graphic's card.
Comments
Post a Comment